PDA

View Full Version : Redtails

wannafly
01-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't know if its right but thought I may save you some money. This movie is a sad attempt(IMHO) at a great story. The 1995 version is way superior. If you have watched the trailer you have seen the best parts. I like any movie having to do with planes or flying but this one:(. Save your money and watch some kitfox videos on this site instead,,,

wheelerg
01-25-2012, 08:00 AM
you can answer this question for me then....is portions of the flying scenes animated similar to the pixar movies? i saw a preview of some flying scenes and it looked incredibly fake? i saw the Tuskeegee airmen movie and loved it, i am really hoping this isnt animated during flying scenes....

t j
01-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Go see it. It is a great movie with lots of flying. The flying animation in my opinion is very good. I gaught caught up in the story and drama. I noticed a few turns were made too tight but my wife said as we walked out of the movie, "The flying scenes really looked real".

I attended a talk given by Lt. Col. William Holloman http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012136614_hollomanobit17m.html a couple months before he died. He was working for George Lucas as a consultant for the making of Red Tails at that time. I noticed a few details he had talked about that made it into the movie so felt a connection with the story. The Tuskegee airmen were and are a classy bunch of guys.

wheelerg
01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Well that answers my question about animation.......I must say i will be going to see it, i am a big fan of war movies and flying so hopefully i can get past the animation parts,

The Tuskeegee story is amazing, i would love to sit and listen to them speak some day......my hat is off to those guys, they deserve alot more credit than they got. They had to fight a war and bigotry all at the same time. Good work guys