PDA

View Full Version : Model IV Heavy Duty 912 mount

henrysamson
01-21-2012, 03:17 PM
How do I know if I have the heavy duty mount? My part number is 45062. I bought it in May of 2002. I'm not sure which mount this is.

Monocock
01-22-2012, 01:49 PM
According to the link below you have the heavy duty one.

http://kitfox.lazair.com/skystar/upgrades_and_performance_enhance.htm

Av8r3400
01-22-2012, 03:11 PM
This is what the "heavy duty" engine mount looks like without the motor and it's four arms.

henrysamson
01-22-2012, 04:06 PM
That's my part number and that is what mine looks like. So I guess I am good to go as far as the mount is concerned. Thanks for the help.

One more question. When I had my engine hung to fit the cowlings the firewall was off. Now that it is on, will there be issues with the rotax starter? I have heard some talk about cutting off the two protrusions on the rear of the starter as they will impinge on the firewall. My engine is a 912ULS bought in 2004.

Thanks!

DanB
01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
That's my part number and that is what mine looks like. So I guess I am good to go as far as the mount is concerned. Thanks for the help.

One more question. When I had my engine hung to fit the cowlings the firewall was off. Now that it is on, will there be issues with the rotax starter? I have heard some talk about cutting off the two protrusions on the rear of the starter as they will impinge on the firewall. My engine is a 912ULS bought in 2004.

Thanks!

Henry,
I'm not going to swear to it that I have the heavy duty mount, but it looks very close to the one posted below. You can take a closer look at the pictures on my website to verify. I did cut the tabs off of the end of the starter, but on my firewall, it still hit a bit. Yours may work out different as my firewall was bent out of one piece of stainless. As you will see my comments on the site, the relief I had to make was shallow enough I could have just pounded a bit of a cup divot area but I made a little box. If I remember right, I also re-clocked the power post on the starter so I could get to it. I think mine came pointing 180 degrees off which would have been a real pain getting to. Here are a few pics you can take a look at
http://www.azshowersolutions.com/Engine6.html

Dan

henrysamson
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
My firewall has a "box" recess built into the upper inboard portion of the right rudder pedal area. I can see by some of the posts that this was not always the case. I'm not sure if it is sufficient for the starter on my engine. I bought the FWF package about two years before the engine so they may not be totally compatible.

Thanks again for the assistance.