PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox seats

Fox1
01-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi guys i'm new here and to kitfoxes, i have a MK2 with KFL 112 engine which i am in the process of tidying up before i fly it,my question is does anyone know if it possible to machine wash the kitfox seats,they are not bad but i would like to freshen them up a bit but i don't want to mess them up any idears would be really welcome.

DesertFox4
01-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I used to hand wash mine in the bathtub with detergent after removing the foam inserts. Not sure if mine were manufactured the same as yours though.

cap01
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
The seat cushions that came with the kit when I acquired it were used and had a coke soaked in one of the seat bottoms . I cut the cushion open at the aft end and removed the foam . I was able to get the coke out of the foam with soap and water . The cover washed in the machine , turned out pretty good

Av8r3400
01-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Fox1 - Keep in touch. I'd love to hear more about your KFL engine when you get it up and running. They are very rare and we never hear anything about them.

Fox1
01-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks for your input guys, will have a go at the weekend will hopefully get it in the air by the end of the month, can't wait, just hope it flys as good as it looks.