PDA

View Full Version : $100 User Fee Per Flight For General Aviation

montana_jim
01-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Everyone,
The White House wants to implement a $100 user fee for General Aviation. If they go down this path, it opens the door for all of us to have fees imposed on us. We as recreational pilots need to oppose this. Please write your representatives on both the state and federal level and your state governor to oppose this.

Av8r_Sed
01-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Note that the current language excludes piston aircraft but if enacted, how long before it trickles down to us?

Here's the response from the OMB to the No User Fee Petition:
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/response/why-we-need-aviation-user-fees?utm_source=wethepeople&utm_medium=response&utm_campaign=aviationfees

896tr
01-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Could it be that a commercial flight from Los Angeles to San Francisco burns 21 to 23 times more fuel than a corporate jet? Should I have to pay a $100 fee to drive from LAX to SFO because my economy car doesn't use as much fuel as a bus therefore I am not paying as much in taxes? This user fee stuff will make for some pretty heated hangar talks.:mad:

Paul Z
01-14-2012, 08:40 PM
With the level of Government Spending. Everybody better get ready to belly up to the bar and pay more Taxes!