PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Cable

Danny
01-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Anyone out there with a Continental or Lycoming in their Kitfox Supersport/Model 7? What is the approximate length of the throttle/mixture cables for these engines?

Also, where are you mounting the battery to achieve proper weight & balance with these heavier engines?

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Danny

airlina
01-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Danny, I built a Series 5 with a Continental IO-240 engine. The IO-240 is probably the heaviest engine recommended for the Kitfox and to offset the weight of the engine and get the CG manageable, all weight possible has to be moved aft. Some examples are battery (16lbs) and elt (3lbs) in the empennage, a holley fuel pump (3lbs) behind the copilot seat and when flying solo, a 14 lb tool kit is required in my baggage compartment. Also the wings have a bit of forward sweep to move the center of lift forward to stay consistent with the CG . Off the top of my head I do not know the throttle cable length and I would have to measure the cable length next time I get to the hangar.

Danny
01-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the info on the CG. I wasn't sure just how far back the battery needed to be.
Danny