PDA

View Full Version : Painting flaperons

GT280flyer
12-22-2011, 04:17 AM
Getting ready to paint my flaperons and need some suggestion on how anyone has hung them to enable you to paint both sides in one spraying. I do not want to have to paint one side and have to let it dry and turn them over to spray the other side.

HansLab
12-22-2011, 05:41 AM
...and while thinking about this one, I got another: how to prevent paint from getting between the hinges??

Dick B in KY
12-22-2011, 07:50 AM
I hung mine (SS7)between two step ladders by the hinges. Shoved masking paper down around the bearing to keep paint out and pulled the paper out with hemostats after painting. Just watch out for paint build up on the trailings edges. I used Aerothane on the flapperons.

Dick B

Jerrytex
12-22-2011, 08:17 AM
I hung mine in my garage by the brackets. They hung at an angle that was perfect for spraying the top and bottom without having to touch them. I draped plastic from the ceiling and made a make-shift paint booth. I used Defleet Essentials paint which my 5 year old could spray and it will look like glass when dry. I didn't worry about the little bit of overspray that went in the slots.