PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox from Idaho to the Bahamas

jdmcbean
11-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Had a little time to get this together... fun trip. Ever get the opportunity it's a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz7NWskeLZU

MotReklaw
12-01-2011, 07:17 AM
I can still dream, can't I?
Awesome trip. Would love to make it from here in Alabama.

wheelerg
12-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Did you take anything as far as supplies out of the ordinary? i am new to this kitfox stuff and was curious.....if you had a list you compiled could you send it to me or post it?

Gary

Squirrelfox
12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
John,

Thanks for the motivation for us down here in Florida. I may never fly mountain back country but I hope you keep my dreams alive to see the islands from the air.

...Will you make it to Sebring 2012

Eddie B.

N557EB (reserved)

jdmcbean
12-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Gary,
A U.S. Coast Guard approved life vest is mandatory for each person on board. A life raft is highly recommended but is not required.

Unless one plans on doing this type of trip (over water) frequently I would suggest working with an FBO that offers services like Banyan Aircraft at Fort Lauderdale... You can rent the life vests and life raft: Survival equipment in each raft includes:
•canopy
•canopy mast
•3 flares
•1 flashlight
•1 raft repair kit
•1 first aid kit
•1 sea dye marker
•1 signal mirror
•1 food ration
•8 water rations
•1 signal whistle

Life vests are $7.50US per day. A deposit of $75.00US per vest is required on a major credit card.

Life rafts are $35.00US per day. A deposit of $1,500.00US on a major credit card is required for each raft. Reservations are recommended. The raft holds four to six people (survival equipment is included) and weighs approximately 25 pounds.

Yes we had the vests and the raft on board... wouldn't go without it. Of course I had my handy Leatherman.

jdmcbean
12-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Squirrelfox

It is in the plan.. See ya then.

SkySteve
12-03-2011, 12:30 PM
John,
What a great trip and vid. Must have been an absolute blast. Took the big boat there once, but to take the Kitfox ... Wow, what an adventure!! Thanks for letting us ride along via your video.