PDA

View Full Version : Bubble door measurement wanted – not opening fully.

rogerh12
11-13-2011, 12:16 PM
If one of you has the bubble doors installed on your model 3 or 4, please measure how far the bottom of the door can get to the wing bottom. I heard the doors won’t open all the way with bubble doors, and wanted to create a cardboard bubble door mock up so I could be sure I can get in and out without doing yoga or something like that (I am also still considering the wide body mod though).

Roger

Peteohms
11-13-2011, 01:38 PM
My bubble door opens fine on my Kitfox III. Never thought there was a problem.

rogerh12
11-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Pete;

A 6'2" fellow told me about some problems getting into the fox with bubble doors, but also said his wife had problems too.

Do you have specific measurement on your doors?

akflyer
11-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Teh bubble doors are what, 3-4" wider, something like that, so your talking about the frame sticking down around 3" from where it would normaly be.

Just drop your door frame down around 3" from where it would normally hit the wing and see if you can get in and out or not. I cant see where this could possible be a deal breaker though.

Depending on the model of KF, a 6' 2" guy may have to do some gymnastics to get in one anyway. I know its a pain in the butt getting into a model I in the snowmachine gear, but it is still easier that crawling into a cub.