PDA

View Full Version : 912 uls oil change--which oil to use?

foxfever
10-17-2011, 01:49 PM
I've recently purchased a project 2007 Eurofox taildragger with a 912 uls, my first 4-stroke.

It is due for an oil change, and I was wondering what oil you are using?

I read in CPS that “Oil with gearing additives (4-stroke motor bike oil) is recommended.”

I have a local yamaha, kawasaki, and polaris dealer, so I was wondering if any of you guys get your oil from a source like that?

If not, were do you get your oil?
And filter?

Thanks...

Dorsal
10-17-2011, 01:55 PM
What are you burning for fuel? if you are using Avgas the recommendation is to avoid synthetic oils. I use Aeroshell Sport Plus4 and get it from John&Deb.

foxfever
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
I can still get non-ethanol at the pump, so that is what I plan to run.

Previous/original owner also ran pump, so with only 197hrs total time, it should be lead free inside still.

Dave S
10-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Get the Aeroshell Sport Plus4 from John & Deb - works for both unleaded 91 auto and avgas. Just add a little decalin to the gas if you get stuck buying 100 LL out on the road and you are good to go everywhere.

Aeroshell Sport Plus4 is very commonly used in light sport aircraft at FBOs around the country so it is a lot easier to locate when you are out cross country and need a little oil you don't have in the plane.:)

Sincerely,

Dave S
KF 7 Trigear
912ULS Warp drive

foxfever
10-17-2011, 04:45 PM
How many quarts does it take to do an oil change?

Dave S
10-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Aaron,

It takes about 3 quarts with the filter for an oil change on the 912. BTW - the oil filter can also be purchased from John - it is handled by any Rotax parts supplier and John does that also.

Be sure to follow the Rotax instructions for the oil change - it seems a bit complicated the first time - but gets easy quickly with a little practice.:)

Sincerely,

Dave S