PDA

View Full Version : Does not suck weekend

desertfox1
09-20-2011, 10:11 AM
OK... so what happens when 4 Kitfoxers on a nice September weekend in Idaho get together... They end up at an Idaho backcountry ranch with family style dinning and lawn chairs by the Salmon River watching the water go by. Not to mention flying around to some of the other backcountry area strips for fun...

So at the end of the weekend it was declared:
:DThis "Does Not Suck" Weekend

DanB
09-20-2011, 11:08 AM
OK Papa,
The pictures made me drool all over my keyboard

Dorsal
09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Likewise, now I have to clean it up.

jrevens
09-20-2011, 02:15 PM
That definitely DOES NOT SUCK!! Thanks for giving me some more mental pictures for my dreams - that'll keep my enthusiasim up, Papa!

DesertFox4
09-20-2011, 03:20 PM
:D
lawn chairs by the Salmon River my favorite photo of the bunch because I just know the conversation was "top shelf".
Raising a glass of Glenfarclas 12 year old highland single malt scotch tonight in your honor. To great memories. Cheers. :)
Wish I was there.

SkyPirate
09-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't get it ,..looks like a few "old" guys got too tired to fly their planes? ha ha just kidding,..cool strip to land on from the looks ( I'm doing my best to NOT show any jealousy) but I'm still wondering why I didnt see a fish line dangling on the water

DanB
09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Common SkyPirate...everyone knows aviators fly fish :D

SkyPirate
09-20-2011, 04:53 PM
you got me on that one Dan lol ,..well today I went fishing and had something happen that never happened to me before,.. I caught a 14" bass and while I was realing it in ,..an 18 inch bass came up from the bottom ,..took the bait out of the smaller bass's mouth then spit it out ,... I went home ...... on the way home,..the "old" guy that was with me said " that is the most ecitement in 30 seconds that I have had in many years" lol

Slyfox
09-20-2011, 05:06 PM
I had a 6lb bass sitting on a bed. I was working it for quit some time. than out of nowhere a 20lb pike came in and took the bait. Than after getting that fish in, you guessed it, the bass went back on its spot and I caught that also. That was exciting, let me tell you.

SkySteve
09-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Papa,
Thanks for the photos. Looks like another great Kitfox/Backcountry trip, er... I mean, a Does Not Suck Weekend.

DesertFox4, you are correct about the top shelf conversations. When old guys get together they don't need to impress anyone. Things are discussed just the way they really are.

I certainly have great memories of flying a very small part of the backcountry with Paul and many of you during this year's factory fly-in. Thanks for letting the "one" tag along.

I'm not much of a fisherman but for those of you who are, my hat's off to your patience and skill. Here is a photo of one of my favorite flying shirts:
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff12/KitfoxSteve/de9c197b.jpg

mscotter
03-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but i was looking through the archives and I found this particularly interesting.

Man, you guys out west really know how to live.

And I just love the "does not suck weekend". Priceless.

Jbeck
03-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience, hope to be joining you all soon.
Talk about motivation to finish building.

Paul Z
03-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Man some nice pics. Looks like A Great Weekend.