PDA

View Full Version : fuel line from header tank to firewall.

Kitfox Dewayne
07-12-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm running fuel line from the header tank behind the baggage comp., down over the flaperon control and under the seat, below the door is where I get lost. I've looked at completed KF Classic IV's and the fuel line is concelled, in most of them, are they ran under the floor boards? Does anyone have pictures? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
D.E.

HighWing
07-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Dewayne,

In my original project - 1993, I put a Facet pump just below the header tank. The header tank was behind the baggage sack as yours is. I ran 5/16" aluminum from flare fittings to the fuel valve. It ran down then under the seat at the side, then up the forward door post to the valve. I can take a picture of my current project and show you the the run. This time, the header tank will be behind the passenger seat as is customary now.

You could run rubber line the same way if you chose.

Lowell

rogerh12
07-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Howdy All;

I have always mount my fuel pumps on the engine side of the firewall, Either on the firewall or on the engine, typcially just after the gassolator, which is also mounted on the firewall. Is there a reason to mount the fuel pump in the cabin of a model 4? Seems it might be better (safer ??) to mount it outside the cabin.

Roger