PDA

View Full Version : pitot tube attachment

HansLab
07-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi all,

how did you guys attach the aluminum pitot tube to the supplied black tube (I think it is NylaFlow?) ??
I now use a small sylicon tube ID 1/4" that i secure with hose clamps, but I'm not sure whether that'll be enough...

tx in advance!!

jtpitkin06
07-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I used the supplied flare nut and fitting. I used a standard flaring tool to form the end of the black plastic tubing.

John Pitkin
Greenville, Texas

Dave S
07-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Hans,

I used the same as John; however, I also fabricated a bracket to prevent the pitot tube from swinging around and becoming a suction tube in case the nut got a little loose or a tweety bird whacked it.

Sincerely,

Dave S

HighWing
07-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Hans,
Again we are talking about the Model IV. The poly tubing is attached to the pitot tube with a short length of rubber with two hose clamps.
Lowell

t j
07-02-2011, 02:52 PM
I have Bing blue fuel line on both ends of the plastic pitot line. I put on some plastic snap clamps just for good luck but I think I don't even need the clamps.

Geowitz
07-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Basically what HighWing said - A short piece of 1/4 inch inside diameter tygon (or other comparable tubing) about 8 inches long is used for a coupler in most model 4's. Slide the aluminum in one side and the plastic in the other, zip tie, and secure to rib.

cap01
07-02-2011, 05:56 PM
my wings were covered in 93 , not by me . in 2009 the wings were installed and i did a pitot check . the surgical tubing that was used to connect the poly to the pitot tube had rotted . it was a fun time getting the rotten crap off and another piece of hose back on working thru a inspection hole . luckily they had installed a inspection cover ring ring in the area of the pitot tube . so whatever you use , dont use surgical tube .