PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh

Dorsal
06-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Seems like its time to start a thread for who's going to Airventure? I have also started a thread in the Northeast social group for those who may want to connect up on the trip out. As for me I expect (FMN not withstanding) to be there for the opening weekend and a few days into the week. Looking forward to connecting faces with posts (not meant as violent as that sounded), chime in if your planning on going.
Hope to see you there.

rcnut
06-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I'll be there driving one of those little orange and white VW's around from FLO. anyone going let me know where your parked so I can look you all up, would love to see a gaggel of "foxes" there.
gary

rogerh12
06-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Howdy Guys;

I and my wife will be driving up, so we can pick up some parts on the way back (plus we don't have a plane ... ). I was wondering, is there one specific place the Kitfoxes get parked every year? Is there any special KITFOX event, kind of like the Sonex guys have at the factory hanger (you know, free beer !!!).

Thanks
Roger

Dorsal
06-28-2011, 05:44 PM
I expect to be camping in the homebuilt section.

Av8r3400
06-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll be parked in the Ultralight area again this year and I'll have my camper parked across the street. I'll be flying whenever I can, too. Lots more fun down there....

I think I'll put my cell number on my prop tag so you can look me up if you want...

cainbird
06-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi Guys,
I cant make it this year, never been, but it is on my bucket list!

Cain B

War Eagle
06-29-2011, 10:08 PM
I am planning to be there, but it will be without my bird.

I am traveling to the upper Penninsula of Michigan to visit my son and his family prior to Oshkosh and then I am brining my son down with me to attend the show.

I will be camping at Sleepy Hollow Farm which is right next to the airport.

If there is an opportunity I would like to get together and meet others at the show.

If any one has an idea on how we might get together then I would like to participate.

Av8r3400
06-30-2011, 04:48 PM
In previous years there has been a "Kitfox dinner" one night at a restaurant near the airport.

Does anyone know if this will happen this year?

Av8r3400
07-07-2011, 05:28 AM
I got confirmation last evening of the "Avid Lunch" at the Seaplane Base.

It will be NOON on THURSDAY, July 28.

(I will be lobbying to change it to the "Flapperon" lunch... :D)

Dorsal
07-07-2011, 06:02 AM
I will probably be gone by then perhaps we can get a lunch or dinner going Sunday or Monday.

rogerh12
07-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Yes I too am only going to be at Oshkosh on Monday and Tuesday.
Maybe we early birds could meet for lunch somewhere, sometime?

Roger

Av8r3400
07-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I'll be there all week, probably from Saturday through Sunday. Come down to the ultralight area to find me (or at least my plane with my phone number on the prop tag...).

jtpitkin06
07-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Flying the Cardinal RG to OSH. N8056G 742nm. Camping in the North 40 General AV Section. Kitfox will have to wait till next year. Planning on arrival Monday. Leave on Saturday or Sunday.

Will actively seek out Kitfox examples. This is my first OSH... should be a hoot.

John Pitkin
Greenville, TX

Av8r3400
07-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Anybody come up with a Kitfox meeting time/place?

Fooey
07-16-2011, 07:46 AM
I have been lurking on here daily for quite some time. I am working on my LSA ticket, nearly done. Gonna be there on Mon, Tues, Wed. Hope to see
some of your planes. I am planning on building one or buying one. Does that qualify me for lunch too? ;>)

Fooey

Dorsal
07-16-2011, 11:59 AM
I propose we meet at my plane in the homebuilt camping section, 11:30 Tuesday. We can then figure out where to get lunch and possibly do a kitfox tour of those who brought planes.

Av8r3400
07-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I'll try to be there, Dorsal.

You are qualified, Fooey.

rogerh12
07-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Maybe we should appoint a Kitfox members leader for oshkosh, get his phone number and all just call him between about 11:00-11:30 to arrange a good meeting place?

Takers ?

Roger

Dorsal
07-23-2011, 03:49 AM
We are underway, left yesterday and just watched the sun rise at P15, a beautiful grass strip in pa (can't imagine a place run by friendlier people). Next stop is Put in bay, head to Oshkosh on Sunday.

Dorsal
07-24-2011, 06:40 PM
We are here, how about (for those leaving, before Thursday) we meet at the kitfox tent at 11:30 Tuesday. I will be there wearing my kitfox hat.

Dick B in KY
07-25-2011, 07:44 AM
OK all you Kitfoxer's at Oshkosh, Let's see some pics for those of us that can't make it there. Would be nice to see a group pic from Tuesday, so we can put a face to your name. Hope you all are having a good time and the weather cooperates this year. Some ac pics would be nice too.

Dick B

SkySteve
07-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Did Dick mention to take photos for those of us that miss Osh? Oh, and take some photos!!!

War Eagle
07-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Those of us visiting Oshkosh this week learned something about the town that we never knew before and felt we should inform the rest of the Kitfox folks about:

War Eagle
07-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Ok, so I have walked a long way today so I could get pictures of all the Kitfoxes I could find and share them with those that couldn't make it to the show. I met each of these pilots but didn't have an easy way to identify the pilot that belonged to each plane so I could upload to this site.

See if you recognize any of these of these planes. I also got a group picture of several pilots that I will put up as well. All these pics will likey take a couple of posts to get everything uploaded.

Enjoy.

War Eagle
07-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Here is a group picture of some of the kitfox pilots we could round up for the picture. There were other pilots we saw during the course of the day but we just weren't in the same spot at the same time.

Had a great time meeting so many in person and of course we talked planes the entire time we were together. Go figure!

Let's see if I can get some names to the faces:

Allyn Lindren - Yellow shirt
Larry Wenning - TeamKitfox hat and white shirt
Dave Meyer - White stripped shirt
Finn (Dorsal) - Maroon Kitfox shirt
Paul Stropki - Brown shirt
Chris Engler - Dark blue shirt
Joe Mapes - Orange shirt
Jim Shnowske - blue shirt in middle of front row
John McBean - white shirt and hat in cfront row
John Kuzmic - black hat in front row

Dick B in KY
07-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Great job War Eagle!!!!! The pics are worth a thousand words. Good looking planes and not bad looking group either. Hope everyone is having a good time and enjoying the show. Thanks.

Dick B

War Eagle
07-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Larry and other pilots wanted me to be sure and say hi to all.

The weather has been absolutely great even the humidity was relatively low. This of course added to the flying problem here at Oshkosh. :-)

Here are a few more Kitfox pictures including the Factory bird with the Lyc 233 in it. It was parked up at the Lycoming booth rather than at the Kitfox booth.

War Eagle
07-26-2011, 09:58 PM
You all probably remember the tornado damage at this years Sun n Fun.

You also probably know about the Kitfox that an Explorer Post (from Alabama) had built and sold raffle tickets for but was destroyed just a few days before the actual drawing was to occur.

Well they were hear in Oshkosh and I went down to talk with them. I included a picture of their bird and I signed one of their wings. Kind of like how we would sign the cast of someone who had broke an arm or leg.

They are planniing to rebuild the plane and are trying to find parts to accomplish this task. Boy are they a bunch of courageous folks. If anyone knows about any parts that can be made available to them I am sure they would be appreciative of knowing about that.

Dorsal
07-27-2011, 04:52 AM
Nice pictures, as for the nice weather.......
Raining now with thunder storms focast for the day, great to meet some of the other members.

Av8r3400
07-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the pix John. Great job. Watching the rain from the camper today...

jtpitkin06
07-31-2011, 08:20 AM
For the last forty years pilots have been telling me about Oshkosh. The stories didn’t even begin to describe the event. I came home with 500 pictures, 30 pounds of literature, a new welding helmet, 25 pounds of hardware, great memories, sunburned calves, and a stowaway mouse hiding somewhere in the airplane.
To all the OSH attendees I didn’t get to meet at the show we’re sorry we missed you. To those I did meet, It was great to put faces to names. Thanks to all that took time to hook up.
This being my first OSH convention I was spread pretty thin. We had the Cardinal Flyers Org. to meet, Kitfox people, Corvair people; and Oh, yeah, the air shows, vendors, camping, museums, workshops, new aircraft displays and wow!!! There is just too much. Six days wore me out and it was not enough time to see it all. My feet are killing me.
Flying the Cardinal to OSH was fast and fun. We had a great spot in the north forty near porta-potties, fresh water and showers. It was a short walk to the Quick Stop for ice. Next year I hope to attend with the Kitfox so I can park with the “real” pilots and homebuilders. Low and slow has to be a lot more fun.
John Pitkin
Greenville, TX

megawatt
07-31-2011, 08:38 PM
John,

I emailed Doug, the seller of the cowl, with my info. Thanks for the email about it. I hope to be getting my hands on it soon. I wish I had known you were going to Oshkosh. I was volunteering with the Warbirds most of the week. Glad you made it to Oshkosh. It sounds like you were glad to be there. Next year you will get to see even more, and you are now an Oshkosh veteran.

Dave

megawatt
08-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Zorro, I hope in the near future we can get a long lineup of Kitfoxes to Oshkosh. It used to be Vari Ezes that used to dominate with their rows of white tails in the air. We can work on rows of "Fox" tails in the air. Weather was great and so was the comraderie.

canelson
08-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks to all that stopped by my Fox in HBC. It was great to see the faces that go with the names. Living in the Minneapolis area, I have been to OSH many times but this was my first time flying the Fox in. Great experience.

War Eagle
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I'll be arriving home from Oshkosh on Thursday (8/4/2011).

My feet are on the mend and I can walk without a limp. :-)

Like John said: you can't see it all in time you spend there.

But it is time I enjoyed.

I would like to find some remedy to avoid the aching feet though.

It was great to meet all the Kitfox pilots on Tuesday and spend some time together. Feels like friends even though we just met at the show.

Hope to see you and others in the future.