PDA

View Full Version : Wiring-Fuse Block Question

MotReklaw
05-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Builders,
I'm planning to use the fuse block system in my Kitfox instead of circuit breakers, AC buss, etc.

I saw somewhere a plane that had a panel mounted fuse block. All the fuses were in the panel in plane (pun intended) view. In my previous builds, I mounted the fuse block under the panel which made them hard to see and get to.

Has anyone used this system and can you tell me anything about it?

Many thanks,

Tommy

cap01
05-08-2011, 04:05 PM
tommy, i used two fuse blocks , one for the radio buss and the other for the main buss . i have a glove box on the right side of the panel and the fuse blocks are mounted to the underside of that . access is from under the panel , hasnt been a problem . if interested , ill check my pictures to see what i have of the panel and fuse blocks.

Dorsal
05-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I did the same as Chuck, some pics in my album.

cap01
05-08-2011, 05:17 PM
the one cb i used is for the crowbar , its also mounted on the front side of the panel with access from the bottom . i could have used the larger fuse block for the radio bus also . i used fusible links to protect the wires going to the fuse blocks . the picture of the fuse blocks is looking up , bottom is forward , encoder on the left and aux headset jacks and utility outlet on the right

MotReklaw
05-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks guys, I found what I was looking for. It is on the RV-12. A fuse block that extends through the front of the instrument panel. Going to try uploading a picture I found. If anyone knows the Vans part number or an alternate source, please let me know. You may have to increase the size of the photo to see the fuse panel on the left side.

Thanks.

Tommy Walker in Alabama

hansedj
05-09-2011, 02:20 PM
We put ours up under also but put a hinge on it so it was easy to get to, found a couple of pictures of the install not quite done.

SaintAero
06-25-2011, 02:00 PM
SteinAir has these.
http://www.steinair.net/store.cfm?tlcatid=13
Don