PDA

View Full Version : A Two and a Half Hour flight in less than 3 Minutes

SkySteve
05-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Here's a new one to enjoy. My hangar buddy, John Oakley and I flew from Ogden, UT to Pocatello, ID for lunch, curising at 11,500 MSL. Now THESE are mountains! :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmwLtpQh-yg

Dave S
05-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Steve - Thanks for sharing - the mountain scenery is terrific!

BTW - what kind of lens/camera combo is being used to get the wide angle shots?

Dave S ("Envious MN Flatlander" - can watch the dog run away for 3 days)
KF 7 Trigear

SkySteve
05-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Dave,
The camera is a Contour HD. Very light and easy to use, but the video does have a little "fish eye". Just point and shoot. No view finder. We've been playing with it trying to find where and how to mount it. It was hand held on this trip. Today we shot a vid by strappping it to the front carry through tube. Great place for turning it on and off but we were shooting right thru the prop which doesn't look very good. We have strapped it to the jury strut which is great for clarity but then it can't be turned on and off. Wish it had a remote control and a live video feed. That would be great!

Dick B in KY
05-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Steve, Great pics and music!! Looks like a fun trip. I've been trying to learn to play a banjo for several years - that's why I really liked the music.

Dick B

Dorsal
05-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Got rain and thunder here today, thanks for the video:D

DesertFox4
05-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Steve, I enjoyed the flight. Thanks. Glad to see John airborne and having fun. Hope to see you soon.