PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox 7 or SS7

jiott
05-02-2011, 04:50 PM
What if any is the difference between a Kitfox Series 7 and a Super Sport 7?

Jim

Dave S
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Jim,

1) The series 7 has a fixed Horizontal Stabilizer and trim tabs on the elevator with a manual trim control lever. The Super sport has a trimmable Horizontal Stabilizer which is operated by an electric jackscrew with a switch in the cockpit for adjusting the trim and it has a solid elevator with no tab cutouts.

2) Obviously wing tips can vary on any kitfox at the builders discretion - but the standard wingtips for the Series 7 are about 14" wide and the Hoerner style. The standard wingtips on the Supersport are about 4 or 5 inches wide.

3) The Series 7 rudder has a rounded profile on the top. The Supersport rudder is squared off.

4) I think the standard turtle deck is the one piece acrylic for the Supersport - the series 7 was basically an aluminum frame with a one piece plastic window.

That's about it for the obvious stuff - builder options will change other things.

Sincerely,

Dave S
KF 7 Trigear

jiott
05-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Is the Series 7 still available, or was it an earlier model replaced by the SS7?

Jim

Dorsal
05-03-2011, 12:10 PM
replaced, they are basically the same plane as stated above, I also think the SS comes with bubble doors. I started with a 7 and built a SS:)