PDA

View Full Version : Attn: AOL users

RandyL
11-19-2008, 09:43 AM
AOL compatibility issues
Several AOL users have reported that when they log in they are shortly then asked by vBulletin to log in again. If you are using the AOL-supplied web browser. you need to do two things:

1) Click on the vBulletin 'Remember me' box when you log in.
2) Change the setting in the AOL browser to not block cookies.

Here is the process for enabling cookies for AOL 9.0.

From the AOL Toolbar, select Settings.
Select Internet [Web] Options
Select Use your Internet Explorer Settings to set advanced browser options.
Select the Privacy tab
Select Advanced
Deselect override automatic cookie handling button
Click OK to exit.

RandyL
11-22-2008, 12:03 PM
If any AOL users have used the above techniques successfully I'd appreciate hearing about it. Probably 5% of our members are on AOL and I'd like to make sure they have full functionality.

catz631
12-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Randy,
I am finally able to access the forum pictures. I followed the instructions but when i got to the part which says " deselect overide automatic cookie' I found it was already unselected.I checked the box to see if that would work and now I can get the pictures .I also checked "remember me"
Thanks,
Dick Maddux

RandyL
12-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Dick, that's great, and thanks for letting me know! Welcome to the forums and thanks for staying with it. If you have any questions about the forum software don't hesitate to ask, either publicly or privately. Asking questions in public has the added benefit of educating others. vBulletin is a very robust platform with lots of features. Time spent getting to know it will increase it's usefulness to you as well as your enjoyment of it.

Best,