PDA

View Full Version : Kool prop info/experience

RWHIII
04-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Does anyone have info/experience using a Kool prop on a Kitfox with a 912?

WWhunter
03-31-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm bringing this thread back up to the top as I am also looking for info on this prop. The price is reasonable and from the little I have found is supposed to be similar in performance to the Kiev.
Anyone out there using a KOOL prop?
http://www.airtrikes.net/propellers.shtml

Another prop called the Aeroprop sold by Tampa Bay Aerosport looks to be the same prop only under a different name.

Monocock
04-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Forgive me for asking but if they are supposed to be "similar in performance to the Kiev" why not just buy a Kiev? They are one of the best value props available aren't they?

catz631
04-01-2012, 08:03 AM
I am happy as a clam with my Kiev !!
Dick

WWhunter
04-01-2012, 08:13 PM
I totally agree on the Kiev being great. The issue I have been told is the long wait for the prop or replacement parts if one ever needs them. I know of a guy that is currently waiting on a replacement blade and he mentioned he may switch to a different prop just because of the long wait for his part. Plus the Whirlwind is made in the good 'ol US of A so that is another plus.
I was all set to buy the Kiev until I did a lot more research and found these other props that are performing the same but at a little cheaper price and ease of availability.