PDA

View Full Version : need info please

rickthomas
04-14-2011, 03:41 PM
i am looking at a kitfox 3 forsale with model 4 wings. it was sugested that i should get a model 4 or newer. would this be a model 4 ?
thanks rick

Av8r3400
04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
The other big difference between the III and IV is the flapperon mixer behind the seat.

The III has the very complex looking Avid mixer which has the advantage of not needing to disconnect flapperons to fold the wings. The IV mixer is much simpler to look at (complex in it's engineering) and arguably handles much better. The IV style mixer is still used today in the current Kitfoxes.

N82HB
04-15-2011, 06:46 AM
I think the old 3 style mixer is part of the reason the early airplanes had flutter issues. I think it is normal to install the new mixer with the wings.

Let me know if you want someone to look at it or help get it home. My flying season has been slow to get started this year and I'd be glad to help out.
Kelly

cap01
04-15-2011, 08:44 AM
kelly , youve got that right about the slow flying season . the west side has been horrible for flying . if we did have a rare nice day , the runway would be too soggy to use . the few times i was able to fly after i got back it would take an hour to clean up the airplane .