PDA

View Full Version : kitfox discount

carpat
04-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Hi guys, i am sure this title got your attention. I am about to order a kit and i wonder if you ever notice a kind of discount, rebate or any kind of promotion during an airshow like Oshkosh. I know that Just Aircraft offers some sort of discount on options during show like that.
Thanks...

Peteohms
04-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Don't hold your breath. The Kitfox folks don't have too much wiggle room to lower their prices. They are good people and need to make a living.

Wiley
04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
You might hold out for a free hat...ours looked good.

wannafly
04-13-2011, 07:55 AM
I would buy their $90,000 hat and get a free ready to fly Kitfox:D

Andrew G
04-13-2011, 11:33 AM
The kit is reasonably priced in my opinion... the engine (especially the engine) and the avionics push the price to the fat numbers we newbies have to sell to our wives.

Kitfox is clearly a market leader in the homebuilt category... I would take a page out of the Sonex playbook (they bundle the airframe and engine) and marry an engine builder like a UL, which seems to have an excellent product. While they are at it, marry an avionics company that can trick out the cockpit, and achieve volume discounts and sell the whole "package" at more economic levels vis a vis the market...

I think that only a Kitfox or a Vans could pull this off... Zenith teamed up with UL recently, at least in a "Recommended" kind of way... Vans pushes Lycoming, but then again, Lycoming isn't going to give anyone a break.

The boat manufacturers have been doing this for years... bundle boat + motor + trailer + financing = a great way to get lower prices and WAY more volume... the boat guys achieved huge scale and everyone wins, especially the consumer :o

Monocock
04-13-2011, 01:45 PM
and need to make a living.

Agreed. Please don't squeeze them too hard. We don't want them to pop!!

Paul Z
04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Buy the Kit, and don't talk about engine prices, or avionics. Look for a used engine and instruments on Barnstormers. The pay as you go plan!

enyaw
04-13-2011, 05:42 PM
RV-12 only comes one way, a Rotax 912ULS.... They are quoting $27,430 for power-plant in that kit, I sure hoe it comes w/the prop and the firewall forward kit as well.

Wayne