PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a BRS installed on a series 5 or newer?

kitfoxvixen9095
04-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I'd like some input on installing a BRS on a model 6. I have a 1350 soft pack BRS that i'm planning on mounting in the rear of the baggage area. I don't want to cut a hole in the lexan turtledeck so i thought of deeply scoring the turtledeck so that the chute would break through if it ever needed deployed. Anyone done this or have any better idea's?

Dorsal
04-02-2011, 04:10 AM
I have not installed one but went fairly far down the path of considering it. My conclusion was to mount it just behind the baggage area pointing up. The deployment would be through the fabric just aft of the turtle deck with the pack mounted to the cross braces.

Gary
04-02-2011, 12:59 PM
I was looking at the BRS installation in a Savage Cub today. It was mounted behind the baggage sac with 4 straps looped on to the ends of the spar carry through tubes. The turtle deck lexan was attached with weak plastic screws that would snap or pull out during deployment. This aircraft has 4" wide top wing to fuselage fairings held on with tiny pk screws that would also blow out easily during chute deployment. The straps themselves are held neatly to the structure with small zip ties. I think you'd have to run the straps externally on the Kitfox to get by the skylite.