PDA

View Full Version : motor mount for VW Vally Engineering

prcoqui
01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Please Help:
Need motor mount for a Vally Engineering VW. Its for a Kitfox Model Cassic IV 1200. The VW has a reduction gare. Where can I get info. or buy 1.
TY
RJR

rogerh12
02-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Great Plains VW has complete firewall forward kits for the Kitfox model 4, of couse that also means they have just the engine mount:
See http://www.greatplainsas.com/

prcoqui
02-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Rogerh12
TY for your help. Great Planes's VW motors are direct drive. and Vally Engineering motors have reduction gear.

SkyPirate
02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
prcoqui,

I believe great planes offers both direct drive and reduction drive,..I don't see how either would make the motor mount different,.

the only difference I would think in the motor mounts is in application,..meaning the kitfox mount might stand the motor off at 5 inches from the firewall to get CG with out allot of modifications ,.where as on a sonex the mount might stand the motor off the fire wall at 8 inches ,

Great planes has this all figured out,.. a VW is a VW as far as the motor side of the mount configuration,.. with exception to year of model ,..earlier model VW's have a different spacing, I'm sure they would ask you for a serial number off the block to determine this.
hope this helps

Chase