PDA

View Full Version : Tow hitch

kmach
01-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone could post some pictures of the tow hitch that hooks to the two rear lower fuselage carry through tubes and allows you to pull the KF's backwards on it's own landing gear for slow short distances.

djmc4344
01-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I have one of the hitches, I think I still have the plan sheet, I'll see if I can find it. I tow my fox about 14 miles to the airport at a speed no higher than 40 mph, no problem yet.

djmc4344
01-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Heres the tow bar hitch plans, and a photo

kmach
01-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks Dan ! Is that what the tow hitch that you could buy from Kitfox looks like, or is this your own design ? I haven't seen the one that was available to purchase . I don't think they make them now, it's not in there catalog at least. I quess that's a question for John ! Thanks again; Kevin

djmc4344
01-23-2011, 11:57 AM
No I don't think its Kitfoxe's design. I got the plan off the "other " Kitfox forum a few years back. You could probably find out about it in their archeives.

The hitch works well, but it takes two people to hitch it to the aircraft. I'm going to convert a boat trailer one of these days, need the ecomomy to turn oround first though.

Dan