PDA

View Full Version : Need a -5 construction manual

flypdx
12-21-2010, 11:33 PM
I recently purchased an unfinished -5 kit. The construction manual has bad water damage and is close to unusable. The closest thing that Kitfox has is the -7 manual and I ordered one of those but I would still like to find the original for the series 5.

Any suggestions? Anyone have an extra one I could buy, or maybe one I could pay to have copied?

Jeff

jacques
03-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I have mine in a PDF. Give me an email.

Peteohms
03-03-2011, 05:27 PM
I'll bet John and Deb @ Kitfox has one. It's good to support their business.

jacques
03-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Of course. But I am not sure they have it anymore. On my side I am going to order a new engine mount, turtledeck, struts and plenty of other parts to overhaul my 5 and also support John and Deb (even if the transport to France will cost me a lot!)

jdmcbean
03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I have one in a PDF. Give me an email.

I need to remind everyone that the manuals are copyright material. They should not be copied or distributed.

rogerh12
03-05-2011, 07:14 AM
I just got my Kitfox 4-1200 manual from kitfox. They only charged about $110 bucks, which is cheap considering the size of the manual. Also, when you buy the manual from them, you also are assured to get the latest modifications to the original build plans/instructions.

Hope this helps
Roger

flypdx
03-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Kitfox now has the -5 manual available in .pdf format. When I originally asked it wasn't available and I ended up ordering a -7 manual. I still wanted to find a -5 manual though (to compare the few differences) and that was when I originally posted. A couple of phone calls later the subject came up again and John and Debra offered to try to put one together. It took a little time but now I have it and I couldn't be happier.