PDA

View Full Version : Don't put that plane away for winter!

avidflyer
12-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Well I've been having lots of fun latley up here in northern Mn. We have about 10" of ice on the lakes with about 3" of snow on top of that and the ski flying is great!. Any one that parks their plane till spring is missing out on some of the best flying of the year, in my opinion. I've flown on 3 of the last 6 days, and we've had at least -20 F the last three nights. At least we missed out completly on the snow that hit Minneapolis last weekend. Just got the wind, no snow. I had a friend of my snap a few pictures of me with my camera today on a lake as I did a fly by, this one came out the best. Take care, Jim Chuk

Dorsal
12-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Nice pic looks like way to much fun, Skis will eventually cause me to slide my fuselage back and become a TD.

akflyer
12-16-2010, 08:43 AM
I agree Jim, Skis are the most fun flying there is, followed closely by floats. Cant wait to get home and put some more time on mine tracking up the fresh powder on the high mountain lakes and low land rivers!

avidflyer
12-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Went flying again today (I'm so glad I retired) and flew over where I saw the 4 wolves 2 weeks ago. Guess what? They were back and this time the camera worked. They were just laying around, I think they were sleeping off a feast of deer from last night. I did see a big flock of crows on the ground about a mile from the wolves, I suppose they were cleaning up the scraps. I think this is the spot where they hole up, it's been covered with tracks every time I've flown over it in the last few days. It's a beaver pond, and one of the wolves was sleeping on top of the bever house. Well enjoy, I know I sure did. I flew a few miles over to where some friends of mine were ice fishing and one of them came back with me and the wolves were still there, so he got to see them to. Take care, Jim Chuk

SkySteve
12-17-2010, 05:56 AM
Jim,

You get to see some pretty cool stuff. I'm getting ready to try a new Contour HD camera. Maybe I can get some winter photos up soon.

fred colman
12-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Winter here is pretty tame compared to yours(and no Wolves).Sill good to be flying,must try skis some time.

N82HB
12-21-2010, 08:17 PM
We have had some good days here in washington too. It has be great to get out and play a bit.
If you get in the area and want to play, let us know. This goes for everyone!