PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Marines. 235 years.

DesertFox4
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Today marks the 235th birthday of the United States Marine Corps.

Couldn't let this day pass without a salute to all the Marines in our ranks.
Happy Birthday Marine Corps :D

Semper fi.

1659 1660

DesertFox6
11-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Thank you so much for remembering a very important date in American history, Steve! Two hundred thirty-five years and counting!! I guarantee you none of us Air Force types who've ever flown with "Gy-reen" exchange pilots in our squadrons will ever forget them OR their birthday. It's tough not to notice that your wingman is deftly slicing a birthday cake with a polished saber just as you're briefing the weather and NOTAMS for the morning launch every 10 November and remain non-plused. Who in the hell the eats cake for breakfast, anyway? But then again what do we blue-suiters know? The Air Force just turned 63 back in September and we really haven't had the time to build any great traditions...excepting my Kitfox, that is. I saw a great bumper sticker the other day and remembered this anniversary was coming around again. It read, "The Marine Corps. A department of the U.S. Navy...The MEN'S Department." For all you Marines out there; "SEMPER FI!"

"E.T."

Ken Birchard
11-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Semper Fi and thanks for remembering

Pilot4Life
11-12-2010, 08:45 AM
SEMPER FI. Happy belated Birthday to all my brothers and sisters :rolleyes: on this forum! Thank you all for your service (Even the Coast Guard ;), LOL) as we celebrated Veterans Day yesterday!