PDA

View Full Version : Service Bulletins for Rotax 912

kmach
10-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Hi , I am interested in , if people with rotax 912 engines are doing all the service bulletins put out by Rotax . In particular service bulletin SB-912-022 . I will try to attach it to this post .I have measured the valve spring retainers in my 912ULS and they are the old ones which the service bulletin states must be replaced, this SB is from 2001 and the engine has had no issues . I was wondering if anyone has experience with the valve spring retainers cracking or completely breaking ? This is the only SB for my serial number of engine that has not been done. Thoughts?:confused:

DesertFox4
10-23-2010, 08:48 PM
kmach, I've seen and helped with this procedure on a couple engines to replace the old style retainers back when this bulletin came out. Not a difficult procedure and worth doing.

kmach
10-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks, I do intend to do this SB, I was more wondering if anyone had one of these valve spring retainers break and what the results of it breaking were. Kevin

DesertFox4
10-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Not personally Kevin. More a precautionary step on the engines I was involved with.