PDA

View Full Version : My first "passenger"

Dorsal
09-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Not very talkative but effective, there are two more bags in the back (300 lbs). I told the fellow at the hardware store what I needed and he said take as many bags as I needed and drop them off when I was done, advantages a local business. Also included a shot of my altitude test, no problems but a little chilly (got to try out my cabin heater).
7 hours to go, should get some more in tomorrow.

Dick B in KY
09-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Dorsal, Glad to hear and see that everything is progressing smoothly. Before long you'll be departing home base for the "world". Congrats.

Dick B

Andrew G
09-19-2010, 03:39 AM
Dorsal,

Thank you for taking my Mother in Law for a ride...

hey, continued congratulations... how many times did you have to circle the box to get to 12.5 ?

Andrew

rwaltman
09-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Saw the same passenger a long time ago in Martin Hollman's Sporter 2-place gyroplane,
only difference he had a name: "Sandy"

Roberto Waltman.

Fooey
09-28-2010, 01:24 PM
And when you were done what altitude did you drop them off from?:eek:

Dorsal
09-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Hey, a little sensitivity here, this is Andrews mother in law we are talking about :D (he is just annoyed that she got a ride before he did)

Andrew G
09-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Darned right... and to answer your question, no, my Mother In Law does not view this page... one of the few places she does not enter my life :eek:

R U back now? Can you please fly off the rest of those hours so I can treat you to a lunch down here in CT...

Monocock
10-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Dorsal,

Good job she's not a taildragger, you'd never be able to get full back-stick for landing with those bags of rocks where they are.

Dorsal
10-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Mono,
Almost true, I first put the bags in at 90 deg and quickly realized they interfered with the stick. As they are in the pic I had full stick motion and belted them in (I had this image of the top bag sliding off and wedging itself behind the stick). All in all the flight was uneventful but it was good to fly the plane with the CG near the rear limits.
More importantly I do not posess the skills of you two wheel cowboys so yes it is good that she is not a taildragger:D