PDA

View Full Version : Reserving a N-number

WingingIt74
09-15-2010, 09:45 AM
I know I'm putting the cart before the horse, but I just found out I can reserve a tail number through the FAA for $10/year. I hope I get my Grandpa's old tail number (fingers crossed). I'll know in 3 weeks.

http://aircraft.faa.gov/e.gov/NN/

DanB
01-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Travis,
A heads up that you may already be aware of...reserving the tail # should be no issue, however as soon as you register it with the FAA the state will probably come knocking asking for sales & property tax. It generated alot of red tape for me.
Dan

tucsonchris
01-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Hey Dan,

What kind of property tax are you dealing with? I'm flying and I haven't yet heard from the state for any kind of tax...yet.

Tucson Chris

DanB
01-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Chris,
Consider yourself lucky. I heard from the state wanting sales tax for the plane within a month of registering.

cap01
01-16-2011, 10:52 PM
the kit i acquired was already registared with the faa and had her n number before the kit was started to be assembled in 1993 . i had to jump thru the hoops to get it changed into my name after i got her in 2008 . she didnt get to fly until aug of 2009 . the tax man didnt catch up with me until last month . in my state they used the value on the bill of sale that i sent to the faa when i changed the registration into my name to determine how much the tax was .