PDA

View Full Version : Trim Jack-Screw

kitfox2009
08-15-2010, 07:20 AM
G`day Folks
I have a Model 5 Vixen and the motor that drives the trim jack screw has burnt out. I am having difficulty finding this motor replacement thru the internet. I imagine McBean`s should have them in stock but on the weekend they are closed of course.
This trim feature seems very sensitive. Are there any ideas out there from long time Kitfoxers.
Would appreciate any commemts.
Don Hudgeon

Dorsal
08-15-2010, 08:00 AM
I put a 3.3 ohm power resistor in series with mine, seems about right for me. I think it takes about 5-8 seconds to go end to end (will time it next time I am at the hangar).

canelson
08-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I had trouble with the jack screw on my Series 6. Turns out the gearcase leaked grease into the motor housing and contaminated the commutator/brushes. There is an article on the RV site about taking the motor apart to clean it up. I reassembled with a lot less grease and have not had a problem since.

kitfox2009
08-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi Guys
Just yesterday I picked up my new trim actuator shipped from McBean`s. Installed it today, along with a new rocker switch and everything works just great. The new switch makes trimming out much easier, still sensitive but works well. I am still looking for a replacement motor, just to have a spare around.