PDA

View Full Version : Bungee guys you have anything between your gear and fuse?

C5Engineer
05-17-2010, 01:45 PM
My old gear legs had a piece of radiator hose around the ends where the bungees wrapped. I didn't put them on my new gear legs when I wrapped them. When I land on something really rough like a gravel bar I'm getting banging noise from where the gear hits the bottom of the fuse after it flexes on the bungees. Normal grass and pavement landings I don't notice it. Should I have something in there to cushion them? I eventually want to go to the wider Spring gear like Highwing llc is making but need this set up to work for now. I have new bungees that came from the factory and they are wrapped exactly how they are supposed to be so I don't think they are too soft.

Av8r3400
05-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Yes, there should be a bumper.

I'm headed over to do a little flying tonight. I'll snap a photo and send it to you...

Av8r3400
05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
I found the photo...

Here (http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=5213&postcount=2) it is.

Note the rubber bumper between the gear leg and the cross member, inside the bungee wraps. You will need to put something in this area on your plane. I don't know if the Kitfox setup like this will work on your Avid, maybe the rubber hose idea originally on there will work...

akflyer
05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I have a chunk of radiator hose I split and glued on the tube. If you dont have some kind of bumper you will flatten the tube out in no time. Then things start cracking and breaking.