PDA

View Full Version : Flaperons settings ?

GDN
05-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Hello my problem is that i have to make a constant right effort on the stick to not take roll. The plane seem to roll alone left. I saw that my pitch control surface is not from each side. I try to be more clear if you put the control surface on a horizontal plan the left part is more high than the right part as the control surface was bent.
Or is it to cancel the engine couple ?
How do you control the setting of the flaperon ? and how do you set it.
My idea is if the plane want to turn left i'll put the left one a little bit lower and the right higher ? I'm true no ?

Thanks, for local flight will be ok but for long navigation i'll be a body builder

SkyPirate
05-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi GDN ..level your plane at the bottom of the fuselage landing gear mount locations fore and aft side to side ,..dont go by the wings ..once the fuselage is leveled ..double check your dehidral and wash out on your wings,..make sure they are correct .

Chase

Slyfox
05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
add down to the left front wing or down on the right rear wing, adjustments made at the ends of the struts. THe airlerons have nothing to do with it. You can put a little wedge on the bottom of the left airleron to make it go right if you desire.

t j
05-13-2010, 05:08 PM
This is normal. The elevator is built that way to keep air flow on it. If both sides were on the same plane it could get blanked out by the horizontal stab.

GDN
05-13-2010, 11:07 PM
OK for the elevator thanks.