PDA

View Full Version : 912ULS Radiator Leak

kitfox812
04-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Has Anyone used one of those additives to the radiator fluid to plug a small hole in the radiator? I am also using Evans so I need somthing that can be used with that. It doesn't leak enough to have to add fluid but there is a drop or two under the radiator and I verified thats where its coming from.

Dave S
04-26-2010, 04:59 AM
Hi Rich,

This is not something to mess with using radiator-man-in-a-can.

If you know you have a radiator leak - pull it out and take it to a radiator shop where they can pressure test it and solder it up correctly.

The cost of the correct repair is a whole lot cheaper than a new engine......or an inconvenient stop in an off airport site when it really starts to leak after the stuff from the can gives up:eek:.

Sincerely,

Dave S

KF 7 Trigear
912ULS Warp

rwaltman
04-26-2010, 10:51 AM
> The cost of the correct repair
> is a whole lot cheaper than a
> new engine......
> or an inconvenient stop in an
> off airport site when it really
> starts to leak after the stuff>
> from the can gives up.

Or worst. I would be concerned that the stuff does not give up, and plugs more than what is supposed to...

HighWing
04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Rich,

I had s slight coolant leak at the pump seal, and a Rotax service center advised BarsLeak at the appropriate dilution. It solved my problem. I probably put 500 hours on it since that time.

Lowell

Rodney
04-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Believe it or not - in a pinch (no pun intended) - black pepper will work.

Had to use it in my motorhome on a trip once.

HOWEVER - having said that - I agree with Dave - take it off and get if fixed properly.

Regards
Rodney