PDA

View Full Version : checking flaperon rigging

LOOPED
04-20-2010, 08:28 PM
hellow i have a kf 1 that i would like to verify that flaperon rigging is correct, i didnt get the build manual when i purchased the plane so any instructions would be a big help thanks,

t j
04-21-2010, 06:28 PM
If you don't get a reply from someone with a model one manual you might try contacting the Kitfox factory people to see if they have the specs for rigging.

Do you suspect a flaperon rigging problem or just wanting to be able to check it? For what its worth, flaperons out of rig would most likely result in a nose down or up trim problem. A turning or low wing condition most likely wing rigging.

LOOPED
04-21-2010, 07:07 PM
hi tj i just am going over the plane for my own piece of mind.

LOOPED
04-22-2010, 08:41 PM
thanks for the help, i checked the flapperons today they are -2.6 degres, what i mean is the back of the flap is lower than the front, does this sound correct ? also i did level the plane fore and aft before checking the angle, thanks again

rpd7719
04-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi, I bought a model I/II a month ago and did get the construction manuals for both if you need some copies of the rigging section. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I believe it's all there.
Rob

t j
04-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Looped, you should take Rob up on that offer. There is more to flaperon rigging than just checking the degrees at neutral. The manual will give you some angles and distances and such to check at the all the belcranks and what not.

It will give you a good understanding of the magic in the system.

LOOPED
04-30-2010, 06:04 PM
hi all thanks for the replys and sorry for the delayed responce work has been crazy on the bright side i was able to get the manual from the original owner, this should be a huge help thanks again looped