PDA

View Full Version : new 912s

wannafly
04-10-2010, 10:48 AM
rotax Canada is selling Brand new 912s for under $20000. Best price in years or ever:eek:

Pilot4Life
04-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Is that US Dollars or Canadian Dollars? Either way, it seems to be a great deal!!! I used www.xe.com (http://www.xe.com) to convert and $20K US = $20,048 Canadian. What a big difference, eh? Not really! No matter which way you slice it, still a great deal!! And also the thread about training on this engine; I would assume training on any engine that's potentially going to hold my life in it's balance would be great to get!

DanB
04-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Be very carefull about purchasing something such as an engine outside of the US. I'm in no way insuinuating that the company you have in mind is bad. I just have a friend that built an RV7, sent the money with the order to what was considered a reputable dealer in Canada for a new 180HP engine. He never saw the engine, he spent quite a bit in trying to get his money back...he was out all of it as the long arm of the law stops at the border. sumthin to think about.
Dan

wannafly
04-10-2010, 08:10 PM
they are the North American distributor for Rotax. They also work together with Lockwood of Florida. No worries with this company.

Pilot4Life
04-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Good to see that Wannafly has confidence in this company. Perhaps the first one stateside to purchase a Rotax from this company can tell the rest of us how the experience was. It'll take some research and another person to find out...for now! Good to know that there are people spreading the word about "good deals". I hope they pan out. I, for one, would be cautious about backing a company with my name unless I had already dealt with them personally and had outstanding customer service! We'll have to watch this company and see what comes of it! Anyone ever work with Rotax Canada?

wannafly
04-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Like any company you best check it out. Your local dealer should have the same deals as this is a price drop right from head office in Germany. Oh but wait thats not a USA company better not trust it....:mad:. Check with John at Kitfox he should have close to the same $ numbers...you trust him don't you:rolleyes:.
If you don't trust the company UPS has a great service for 5$. They will hold your money till the shipper delivers merchadise to there local office but that only works if you trust UPS. You have to trust someone sooner or later.
I only started this post to help out fellow "Kitfoxers". I guess I should have just kept it to myself:confused:

DesertFox4
04-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Knowing Rotax I'm assuming every other dealer has the same pricing from the factory. Check with John at Kitfox Aircraft also when pricing 912 series engines. All things being equal or even close I live in hope our site sponsors will always get a shot at our Kitfox business.;) A Rotax authorized dealer should be reliable anywhere they are located still it never hurts to do some checking or buy from a known reputable business like Kitfox Aircraft LLC.

P.S.-

Check with John at Kitfox he should have close to the same $ numbers...you trust him don't you:rolleyes:. wannafly- thanks for the last post. :DYour read my mind. Thanks for supporting the folks that support us. No one in this community has worked harder than John and Deb to build confidence and trust.

DanB
04-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I only started this post to help out fellow "Kitfoxers". I guess I should have just kept it to myself:confused:

Wanna Fly, not really. My comment was not meant to disuade your post in any way. Didn't mean to sound like an alarmist...I'm just a realist. That's why I made my comment as well (to help out fellow Kitfoxers). We all come to the table with different knowledge, understandings, and experiences. We are lucky to have a site like this to share those things with each other. Mine was just a heads up as I saw a brother go through a very tough ordeal. It's always good to keep our eyes wide open;)

whitewulfe
04-12-2010, 01:16 AM
If you don't trust the company UPS has a great service for 5$. They will hold your money till the shipper delivers merchadise to there local office but that only works if you trust UPS.

As a note, UPS might not work for a crated engine purchase as they (at least up here in Canada, when I was working for them) have somewhat of a tendency to refuse any package that is over 150lbs or oversized, so you might want to talk to them about such a service before hand.

Pilot4Life
04-12-2010, 07:32 AM
I'd agree that the company, being a Rotax dealer, should be able to back such a great product with great customer service. To All, please don't be frustrated with any scepticism about a company that you suggest. Just like going into any unkown territory, I still don't trust the people just because one man said they're alright. Had a few too many bad experiences trusting a local while deployed :oand, unfortunately, now I'll be cautious no matter the situation. So, has anyone looked into this company? I hope Wannafly will report to us on any deals made with Rotax Canada and give us all the honest facts about the company. As far as UPS, I too have dealt with people in that company and some are more willing to work with you than others. Yeah, weight (and dimension) is a factor. What's the worst they can say? No! Oh well, at least you tried! Has anyone called John at Kitfox Aircraft, LLC and asked him? Let's see if he comes online with any thoughts about the price.

jdmcbean
04-13-2010, 10:23 AM
We have had many of our Kitfox customers in Canada purchase the 912 from us becasue it was much less. We have never been over $20K.. Currently the 912ULS is $18,831.. just came down effective April 1st. No joke :)

Also, if it is for the S7 Super Sport you'll need the ring mount. Make sure you have included that in the pricing from someone else.

Not sure why Rotax set this up but Canada is the North American distributor excluding the US. Kodiak is the South American distributor including the US.

Slyfox
04-13-2010, 11:20 AM
I just want to add that the only person I would trust is John. I bought my new 912 from him last year and he was fantastic, the price was right and he did the required mods to the tank and the water pump housing to fit my model 4. Buy from John. You won't regret it.

Av8r3400
04-18-2010, 05:28 PM
LEAF, Lockwood and CPS are authorized distributors and service facilities for Rotax engines in the US, also.

LEAF is advertising this same price of $18.8k for a 912-S in their current catalog.

HuDuGuru
05-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Not sure why Rotax set this up but Canada is the North American distributor excluding the US. Kodiak is the South American distributor including the US.

It’s setup this way due to various (and somewhat ridiculous) tax laws, import laws, and duties associated.

The Rotax factory may be located in Austria, but Rotax is 100% Canadian owned, Bombardier Inc purchased them in 1970.

Is Rotax Canada going to rip you off?… I very much doubt it, they are backed by Bombardier who is also the fourth largest aircraft manufacturer in the world.

All that being said, does not guarantee you will get good service and support from the main distributor. Sometimes distributors are distributors because they don’t enjoy dealing with the public.

Pilot4Life
06-03-2010, 04:06 PM
I firmly believe, based on experience, that a prudent man would be careful to simply take the word of a local, no matter how well trusted he may be by other locals.

Please, all those who've dealt with Rotax Canada, comment on your personal dealings with them. IF YOU HAVE HAD GOOD EXPERIENCES, OR BAD, that's what we need to hear about here. For anyone else who may read this entire post, allow me to appologize for any offense that was taken by either side of this disagreement. I feel that neither party would have meant it that way, so let's leave it at that. Agreed?

Now, how about that experience, HUH?

VIVA LA KITFOX!!!!!

wannafly
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Agreed....:)

cap01
06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
seem someone is pretty thin skinned , although id be really upset if i didnt receive the kit i payed for. the issue here is dealing across borders not that all canadians are out to cheat you . its easy enough to get screwed here at home without dealing with an international problem