PDA

View Full Version : Serial number - where to find?

sidenius
04-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Maybe this will sound strange but I do not know exactly which model Kitfox I just bought.
The kit is from 2001 and it has been standing half built for 7 years until 2008. Today it has been flying only 20 hours. The wingspan is 32 feet and it has a Rotax 582. It flies fantastic.
Now in August I am travelling home to Denmark with the plane from Naples (south Italy) on a boat trailer. In Denmark they are talking about stripping the plane totally in order to test the wings with sand sacks and do all kind of tests on it. I am nervures that they will be to hard on my nearly new plane. This will be the first KF IV. In Denmark there is only one more KF and that is a model III.
It has an Italian registration paper saying “KITFOX IV SAL”, name of the owner, the wing number, type of engine, and empty weight 268kg.
Is it possible to get some test results from the KT producer on my frame and wings? I guess I first have to find the serial number. Where should I look for the serial number on the frame?

t j
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
On my Classic 4 Kit from 1994 the serial number is on the triangle of metal that the front of the horizontal stabilizer attaches to.

cap01
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
ill be interested in the answer to this one also since ive never been able to locate my serial number . my model IV is an early one , early ninties . i have found a couple of locations where its supposed to be but i have nothing there or its power coated over . one location is in the aft cockpit in the area of where the upper seat belt harness attaches in the center. the other is where horiziontal stab attaches at the forward end . luckily it wasnt an issue during the inspection for the aw certificate

DanB
04-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Triangle piece of metal in front of the HZ Stab.

Paul Z
04-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't now how correct it is, but here is a link to the Kitfox History.

http://kitfox.lazair.com/skystar/Aircraft_History.htm (http://kitfox.lazair.com/skystar/Aircraft_History.htm)

According to this the Series 6 came out in 2001.

Paul Z
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Correction the Series 6 came out in 2000, yours was a 2001.

Lion8
07-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Are the serial numbers stamped in or written with ink? I removed the paint from the triangle piece in front of the H/Stab. Nothing there. I can't find anywhere in the cockpit area where there might be a serial number.
Any other suggestions?

enyaw
07-07-2010, 02:11 PM
On our S7 SS it's "stamped" in to the metal tab that forms the upper connection point for the harness. Also on the original bill of sale.

On the tab in the area labeled "A". Cant remember whether it was the left or right tab. (See attached)

sidenius
07-07-2010, 02:22 PM
The "harness"? Sorry my English is not that good. Please if someone would send me a photo.. Happy landings, Jesper

DesertFox4
07-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Jesper,

"harness" = safety belts.
cintura di sicurezza

Safety belts attachment above the luggage compartment.
Cinture di sicurezza attaccamento sopra il vano bagagli.

jtpitkin06
07-07-2010, 07:14 PM
I just looked on my model 7SS. It is on the right side harness tab.

JP

Mit serienummer på en model 7 er på skulderseler vedhæfte punkt over passagersædet. Kig gennem "turtledeck" (bagruden) at læse den.

My serial number on a Model 7 is on the shoulder harness attach point above the passenger seat. Look through the "turtledeck" (rear window) to read it.

http://www.google.com/images/cleardot.gif