PDA

View Full Version : Trailering Checklist

t j
03-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Here's my trailering checklist. I'd be interested if anyone has one or other ideas to add.

KITFOX TRAILERING CHECKLIST

Master & mag switches off
Fuel off
Radio off
Intercom off
ANR headset off
GPS off
ELT off

Airplane documents secure
Check for loose items
Doors latched

Pitot tube covered
Flaperons bungeed
Wing lock back braces installed
Tail support in place
Elevator secured
Rudder secured

Wing support braces installed
Wheel tie downs secure
Chock blocks in place
Exhaust plug in
Prop secured

Ramps secured
Tilt pin secure
Winch locked
Tongue jack up
Rudder cushions loaded
Turtle deck loaded

Lion8
03-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Don't have any other suggestions but this in itself is a good idea. I will make a copy and put it in the truck. Thanks- Lion8

SkyPirate
03-28-2010, 09:26 AM
I can think of only one thing I do that you didn't list ,..I took a bungee chord and ran it inside the fuselage door to door,..a bungee just long enough to hold good pressure not so much you can't reach in and disconnect it after done moving.

Chase

wannafly
03-28-2010, 10:54 AM
a question about the exhaust plug. This is one thing I have never done. I have the 912s now and the subaru earlier. What is the point in plugging it? What am I missing?

SkyPirate
03-28-2010, 11:01 AM
as long as your prop is locked from spinning ..ie tied in place ,..the exhaust plug isn't a must,.just a preference,..unless you have a 914 with turbo,.then yes plug the exhaust .

Chase

t j
03-28-2010, 12:18 PM
I have a two stroke engine and the exhaust pipe points into the towing direction. By design of the two stroke, air can flow right on through the engine. It can flow in the exhaust ports and through the transfer ports into the crankcase.

The plug is just an easy to do precaution against dirt and moisture. Bugs too I guess.