PDA

View Full Version : Rotax 912UL for sale

Russell320
03-26-2024, 03:31 PM
Early model Rotax 912 80hp engine for sale. S/N 4005331 mfg date 09/1992. 906 hours total time. Was on a Kitfox Speedster from 2006 till last year. I installed a brand new engine to replace it. Would be a good project engine as it’s time to go through it.

Located in Phoenix……..$3000 OBO

IVPleasure
03-26-2024, 11:00 PM
What prompted you to replace it?
Do you have any other parts that might go with it? (mount, prop, etc.)
I presently have a 582 but am thinking about upgrading.

Russell320
03-27-2024, 08:51 AM
The engine has been very reliable. However, it’s never been opened up since new (32 years!). Last year I was getting ready to retire and wanted to install a new engine. My grandkids fly with me most of the time and I wanted to get all the benefits of a new motor. The old Rotax engines are really quite different from the new ones plus, I just wanted new! The #4 cylinder started spitting oil out the exhaust (most likely from the valves) due to the wonderful 🤬leaded fuel that that we use. If someone cleans up the heads/valves and does a gearbox inspection, probably a new water pump, this engine will be good for another 32 years!😂. The pistons and cylinders rarely wear out on these engines…….compression is good.

I have no other mounting parts….just the motor. You can source a firewall forward kit from Kitfox I believe.