PDA

View Full Version : Pitch trim position sensor to G3X

Michaels kitfox
12-20-2023, 09:31 AM
Does anybody know how to wire up the pitch trim position sensor to the G3X system? I don’t have the stand alone AOA display just the GDU460.

Shadowrider
12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Yea it goes into the GEA-24. I wired it to the 244 connector on the GEA-24. You then go setup the input limits in the setup page of the G3X.

Red/Wht_Power pin 18
Blk/Wht_Ground Pin 20
White_Pin 19

Michaels kitfox
02-05-2024, 10:17 AM
Yea it goes into the GEA-24. I wired it to the 244 connector on the GEA-24. You then go setup the input limits in the setup page of the G3X.

Red/Wht_Power pin 18
Blk/Wht_Ground Pin 20
White_Pin 19
Thank you Dustin. I wired up the sensor as you described into the GEA24B connector 244. That is the GP1 circuit in the G3X. I don’t understand how to configure the sensor to show a graph on the display. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Michael

Michaels kitfox
02-05-2024, 11:35 PM
Thank you Dustin. I wired up the sensor as you described into the GEA24B connector 244. That is the GP1 circuit in the G3X. I don’t understand how to configure the sensor to show a graph on the display. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Michael
Okay….talked to Garmin today (thanks Ron) and they gave me the schooling on how to configure the pitch trim sensor and it all makes sense now. I’m going to admit that I am not very sharp when it comes to this stuff. So thank you for all of your knowledge, everyone!!

Shadowrider
02-06-2024, 12:35 PM
Glad you got it figured out. I am traveling and can't get you picture until a get back. Just know you can set green areas of the indicator, and you can reverse the indications to how you like to see it. Took me a bit but I was able to configure trim indicator to match the other aircraft I fly so it goes in the same direction.