PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Fox

SixGeeAV8R
10-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Hello all, I am building a 7STi and live in northern California near Mt. Shasta. Hence the hastily chosen name of "Shasta Fox".

I received my kit in December 2022 (10 months ago) but I only started it in September 2023 (last month) after my new garage/shop was finally finished and ready. (had only a 1-car garage before!)

Although I have always found this forum difficult to search and peruse :-( I am going to start this thread for my build so that I can post questions in the hope that some kind souls can occasionally help me out. (I understand that Brandon from Kitfox lurks here as well, so hopefully this is a good way to get his input and advice)

If I understand how this works (and I may not), I will post everything about my build (questions, status, etc) as "replies" to this thread I am starting now in the "Members Build Logs" forum. That appears to be how other "build threads" are organized. Hopefully I'm doing it right.

Glenn Sisson
Kitfox 7STi - building
Super Decathlon - sold
C-152 Aerobat - sold

Eric Page
10-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Welcome, Glenn, and congrats on getting started. You've figured out the forum just fine, and I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice for any questions you may have. I've found this forum immensely helpful during my build.

Kitfox Pilot
10-12-2023, 04:18 AM
We look forward to seeing you build your kitfox Glenn. Everyone here will be very helpful for the questions that will arise while you are building. Harlan

Delta Whisky
10-12-2023, 04:35 PM
Congrats and we look forward to helping you - spend your money. :D

MFleming
10-12-2023, 06:32 PM
Searching forums is always hit or miss.

Here's a way to search that gets good results using google.

Redline
10-16-2023, 07:25 AM
Hi Glenn. There are two 7 STis being finished up in Redding, and ours is nearing completion in Chico, so there are some local resources if you ever head south and want to check one out. I grew up in Etna so I get up to your neck of the woods to see family every so often. It would be great to see your build at some point.

Cheers,
Jason

SixGeeAV8R
10-16-2023, 09:33 PM
Thank you for the search tip Michael. I will give that a try.

SixGeeAV8R
10-18-2023, 08:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the many 'welcomes' to the Forum.

As an FYI, I'm keeping my build notes and photos over on my EAA Build Log (https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&proj=82bBBVjKs&add) page.

Glenn Sisson
Kitfox 7STi - building
Super Decathlon - sold
C-152 Aerobat - sold