PDA

View Full Version : Jabiru 2200 new duc prop starting angle

klamath101
10-07-2023, 09:35 AM
My sentenich wood prop had a slight delamination starting so I ordered a new duc swirl 2 blade 65 inch prop. Need to ream the driving lugs to a larger diameter bolt any other suggestions before doing it. Ream should be here Monday. Any first hand experience would be great. Instructions leave a little to be desired. Reason for choosing duc was availability had it in about a week every other manufacturer was at least 6 weeks with the longest wait being 10 months. First impressions of the new prop is great fit and finish appear to be great. There new quick adjust prop looks like it would be really nice.

avidflyer
10-07-2023, 12:08 PM
I know the drive lugs for the Jabiru are 9/16" diameter and the 912 rotax is 13mm or close to 1/2". They probably supplied a 912 hub to you. Both have the same 4" bolt pattern. I machined new drive lugs for my NR prop that had to tight of holes in the hub so I didn't mess up the hub somehow by enlarging them. Was pretty easy on my lathe. The one is factory drive lug, the other 6 are the ones I made. They are a few thousands smaller diameter on the part that goes into the hub. Warp drive sells aluminum drive lugs, so I wasn't afraid of using mild steel to make mine. JImChuk

klamath101
10-10-2023, 09:39 AM
Ended up using the same lugs used a ream and the lathe to enlarge center hole to fit the larger prop bolts the duc uses. 0.31 inch reamer.

avidflyer
10-10-2023, 11:06 AM
Sorry, I didn't think about the Jabiru using 1/4" bolts instead of 5/16" ones. I drilled out my drive lugs to 5/16 when I went with the warp drive prop. Was thinking about the different size drive lugs between Jabiru and Rotax. JImChuk