PDA

View Full Version : Verner Scarlett 5V

Driftre
09-01-2023, 05:26 AM
I'm rebuilding a Kitfox 2 that had a Rotax 532 engine. I want to replace the engine with a 4 stroke engine. Has anyone used a Verner 5V?

Eric Page
09-01-2023, 08:41 AM
There's one guy on this forum who's installing a Verner 7U on a Series 5. It hasn't run yet but I'm sure he could answer questions about the US distributor and quality of the goods he received. The engine installation part of his build starts about here (https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/threads/10652-Project-5-build-thread?p=107876&viewfull=1#post107876). I think he knows of at least one other Verner installation on a Kitfox, so perhaps he can put you in touch with that guy too.

alexM
09-02-2023, 04:42 PM
I saw this thread yesterday but I was traveling and couldn't dig into my picture stash.
There has been an early Kitfox with a Verner 5 cylinder. I'm no good at identifying a 1-3 series Kitfox, nor do I know any back story on this specific plane but it looks like a great install - my unbiased opinion, of course.

Freedom2
12-06-2023, 08:12 AM
I'm rebuilding a Kitfox 2 that had a Rotax 532 engine. I want to replace the engine with a 4 stroke engine. Has anyone used a Verner 5V?
Hi there, Sorry for such a delay on your post as i just saw this. Don't really know if I could be much help with what your doing and because of my stage of my build. Like Alex, I as well am doing a Verner7u install onto a kitfox model IV but nothing really to show at this point as I'm still waiting for my engine mount to be constructed from my dealer. Major delay! Always here for any discussions.
Robin