PDA

View Full Version : HKS 700T will be available 8/2010

Mnflyer
03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
HI All, another great option for Kitfox builders looking for a 80 HP engine, the new 80 hp 700T HKS will be available in Aug of this year the North American importer APSU just post on the HKS site that they have made a deal to purchase 100 of these engines. The HKS 700T will produce sea level hp to 16000 ft. and the price is going to be $16500.00 US, they say the 700T will burn the same amount of fuel producing 80 as the 700E does producing 60 hp.

horsepower
03-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I havnt flown in one but they tell me the 60 HP HKS in a Skyraider performs about like a 503 Rotax so the 80 HP version would probably be just slightly better if that to a 582. They are nice motors and great on fuel but it still is hard to justify the cost. Randy

Mnflyer
03-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi C5:, its true that HKS does not preform as well on the powered para types as in an airplane mainly do to not being able to install a long enough prop on it.
You can not rebuild your 582 per Rotax specs and using Rotax parts for what it cost to install and operate a HKS. After installing the HKS in my Kitfox it was paid for in less than 300 hrs and there is still 700 hrs to go to OH basicaly after 300 hrs the HKS cost me nothing to install vs the savings in operating costs, (fuel oil spark plugs semi yearly rejeting carbs ) not to mention the cost of overhauling the engine every 300 hrs.

Horsepower: if the HKS preforms like a 503 it has been prop wrong most likely with a 503 prop I can assure you that the HKS in my Kitfox preforms as well as the 582 ever did in my plane the 700E is a full rated 60 hp engine. When I converted to the HKS I used the original 3 blade Tech III 66" GSC prop it was the wrong prop after going to a 2 blade 68" Warp Drive there was no looking back.

horsepower
03-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi C5:, its true that HKS does not preform as well on the powered para types as in an airplane mainly do to not being able to install a long enough prop on it.
You can not rebuild your 582 per Rotax specs and using Rotax parts for what it cost to install and operate a HKS. After installing the HKS in my Kitfox it was paid for in less than 300 hrs and there is still 700 hrs to go to OH basicaly after 300 hrs the HKS cost me nothing to install vs the savings in operating costs, (fuel oil spark plugs semi yearly rejeting carbs ) not to mention the cost of overhauling the engine every 300 hrs.

Horsepower: if the HKS preforms like a 503 it has been prop wrong most likely with a 503 prop I can assure you that the HKS in my Kitfox preforms as well as the 582 ever did in my plane the 700E is a full rated 60 hp engine. When I converted to the HKS I used the original 3 blade Tech III 66" GSC prop it was the wrong prop after going to a 2 blade 68" Warp Drive there was no looking back.
Thats good to know as I had hoped to use one in my Skyraider, the non turboed ones are reasonable and if they do the job of a 582 that would be more than enough in my plane.Like I said, I never have flown in one so I cant honestly say.I have heard great things about the fuel economy and reliability.Its something definately to think about when my 582 is ready for a rebuild.Thanks Randy