PDA

View Full Version : Securing 912iS HIC A/B Harnesses

bumsteer
03-17-2023, 03:36 PM
Working on wiring up a 912iS. I've tried several variations of securing the HIC A/B harness connectors and not thrilled with what I've tried. Looking for suggestions from those who have finished the job.

Thanks in advance. Wish I was 30 years younger and maybe this wiring would make more sense ( especially the start power/backup battery switch).

Rick

Moderator: please move to Engines

efwd
03-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Hello Rick
with my installation I have my ECU, for the 912is, mounted on the shelf , passenger side, in front of the instrument panel. The large 912is cable that comes through the firewall, in front of the pilot, crosses over to the ECU on the opposite side. This places my HIC plugs in a position that I have in the center of the panel underneath. I used wire ties to secure them. They dont hang down at all below the panel.

bumsteer
03-17-2023, 06:48 PM
Thanks Eddie. That's what I have. I'm using the VPX and with the ECU mounted on the right (passenger side), and with the inputs on both sides of the VPX I couldn't figure a good way to mount it on the right so fabbed a shelf in the middle for the VPX. So I'm basically trying to figure a way to secure the harness on what room I have left on the right. Probably just end up using Adel clamps to secure them on right side shelf. Thanks again.

Rick