PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GB13BB engine

avidflyer
01-16-2023, 01:31 PM
Hi all, yesterday someone contacted me for some info and mentioned that they are going with this Suzuki engine for their plane. (A highlander, but similar size to our Kitfoxes....) I am very much a 912 Rotax fan, and suggested he go in that direction. Does anyone know of any Kitfox, Avid or Highlander that is using this Suzuki engine successfully? I don't know much about them, other than the guy in Canada who promotes them for use on trikes. Thanks all. JImChuk

PS, I already have a 912 for my next Kitfox project and fully intend to use it :-)

VictorV
01-18-2023, 05:07 PM
Maybe this engine or possibly from Aeromomentum since they use Suzuki as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_G_engine#G13BB

Victor

AvDES LLC
01-26-2023, 11:31 AM
84 hp at peak and 84.8 ft-lbs at peak torque…. Meh. There are bolt in solutions with the same if not more power with all of the necessary PSRU / gear boxes already developed with wayyyy more time on them proving airworthiness. I’m with OP, I’d stick with rotax before taking on this headache and all the custom work necessary to get it running when you could simply bolt a 912 on and go.

Dave S
01-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Maybe just me; but, I'd check with my insurance company before putting any $ into it to see if they would even cover a plane with this engine. Even basic liability if not hull.