PDA

View Full Version : Farmfox turns 100!

Kitfox Pilot
11-16-2022, 07:33 AM
100 engine hours that is.
Time for an oil change and compression check.
I've have a new ATS differential pressure tester to try out if anyone has pointers on using it I'd be glad to hear it.
This will be my first rotax differential pressure test.

Seems it was only 10 a few months ago, my how they mature....... LOL

Geek
11-16-2022, 08:14 AM
......Seems it was only 10 a few months ago, my how they mature....... LOL

It's all that time you're spending on the bars Harlan!!! Didn't your Mom tell you about that?

jiott
11-16-2022, 11:09 AM
Just one safety pointer: Make sure you have a good grip on a prop blade when you apply pressure to the cylinder. Its usually not possible to be at exactly TDC, so the pressure can suddenly cause the prop to violently turn and injure yourself. I do it alone with a good grip on the prop, but its better with two people-one holding, the other applying pressure and reading the gauges. You're an experienced farmer so you probably already know all this.
Also, make sure your tester has the correct orifice size (I believe it is 0.040"); some tester kits have a choice of orifice sizes.

Kitfox Pilot
11-16-2022, 11:22 AM
Gary those bars are addicting, haha.

Thanks for that info Jim, I will have someone hold the prop now for sure.

Av8r3400
11-16-2022, 07:19 PM
I guess it's pretty well used up at this point, then.

I'll give you $1500 to haul away the carcass...

Kitfox Pilot
11-17-2022, 06:31 AM
I guess it's pretty well used up at this point, then.

I'll give you $1500 to haul away the carcass...

Haha, I'll keep that offer in mind it's the best one I've ever got!

ScaleBackcountryPilot
11-17-2022, 10:27 PM
Haha, I'll keep that offer in mind it's the best one I've ever got!
I'll give you $1500.02... Just my 2 cents ;)

I've been watching the FarmFox since the beginning when YouTube recommended a video of it to me. Looks like you have a lot of fun Harlan!

Kitfox Pilot
11-19-2022, 06:54 AM
I'll give you $1500.02... Just my 2 cents ;)

I've been watching the FarmFox since the beginning when YouTube recommended a video of it to me. Looks like you have a lot of fun Harlan!

Thanks John, It was you youtube watchers that kept me building sometimes when I might have quit. It seems like a long build when your doing it and I do understand why there are so many started but not finished kits out there.... But when you are finished it is the most fun type flying I have ever done.