PDA

View Full Version : Max Gross Weight ?

Flyin Farmer
11-02-2022, 09:47 AM
Hello, I have a question regarding the max gross wt. of my model 111 it was originally built with a 2 stroke 582 after a complete rebuild and installation of an 912 ul.I would like to know if because of the more powerful engine would I be able to increase my max. gross from 1050 lb. to ? and if so how would I go about it ? I have some of the original paper work and that's where I got the max. gross of 1050 your thoughts ? Thank you .

Eric Page
11-02-2022, 10:34 AM
Max gross weight is dependent on fuselage and wing structure, not engine size. Changing from a 582 to a 912 will reduce useful load but will not increase MGW. Unless competently designed structural modifications -- and the calculations that go with them -- were done, how would you even determine where to set the new MGW? Any increase beyond 1,050# would just be a guess.

Flyin Farmer
11-02-2022, 06:11 PM
Max gross weight is dependent on fuselage and wing structure, not engine size. Changing from a 582 to a 912 will reduce useful load but will not increase MGW. Unless competently designed structural modifications -- and the calculations that go with them -- were done, how would you even determine where to set the new MGW? Any increase beyond 1,050# would just be a guess.
I appreciate your reply, wishful thinking.