PDA

View Full Version : Spammers on the site?

avidflyer
08-03-2022, 07:44 PM
Recently, I posted an add looking for poly fiber products. One responce I got is for sure legit, but I also got two other private messages telling me to email a certain person and that he has very good prices. I'm pretty sure the last two messages I got were spammers. Just a heads up to others, don't be to quick to jump into something that sounds to good to be true. As I said, one responce is for sure legit, and I don't mean anything negative about him. But the other two not so much..... JImChuk

desertdave
08-03-2022, 08:02 PM
https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/threads/11719-Public-Service-Announcement?p=101042&viewfull=1#post101042

We can't fix it without any details!

avidflyer
08-03-2022, 08:22 PM
Dave, I just sent them both to you. JImChuk

avidflyer
08-05-2022, 05:46 AM
Dave, I just sent you two more. JImChuk

desertdave
08-05-2022, 02:46 PM
Simple rule, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Also nothing screams scam like a newbie member with zero posts offering something up.

avidflyer
08-05-2022, 03:14 PM
I was pretty sure they were scammers, and never went to their sites. Just figured you should know what was going on though. I sure am getting tired of there being crooks and thieves everywhere. JImChuk

Steve_P
09-09-2022, 04:59 AM
This is a different situation but, on in July of this year I posted, on this site, a request for anyone selling a blank instrument panel for a Model IV to contact me. I was contacted by Stuart Harvey stating he had one for sale. We agreed on a price and I sent monies via Paypal two days later. As of today I have received no panel and thru countless emails have requested my money returned. I am quite sure I will never see my panel or my money.

I know this forum is not the place for public personal bashing and that is not my intention here. I just wanted to give everyone on this forum "Heads Up" on this guy as he, unlike ALL others I have encountered in the aviation field is not to be trusted.

desertdave
09-09-2022, 06:46 AM
This is a different situation but, on in July of this year I posted, on this site, a request for anyone selling a blank instrument panel for a Model IV to contact me. I was contacted by Stuart Harvey stating he had one for sale. We agreed on a price and I sent monies via Paypal two days later. As of today I have received no panel and thru countless emails have requested my money returned. I am quite sure I will never see my panel or my money.

I know this forum is not the place for public personal bashing and that is not my intention here. I just wanted to give everyone on this forum "Heads Up" on this guy as he, unlike ALL others I have encountered in the aviation field is not to be trusted.

First off, sorry that this happened.
Secondly, PayPal can more than likely help get your money back.
Lastly, what is Steve Harvey's screen name?

Just as a quick reminder, unless it is a face to face transaction, listen to the little voice in the back of your head when you're buying a $1000, 150 pound part for $125 with free shipping. Also when some Team Kitfox newbie says "my friend" has what you are looking for and gives you his contact info you are probably about to be scammed.
Caveat emptor my friends, caveat emptor!

avidflyer
09-09-2022, 08:31 AM
I've recieved a bunch of these "my friend has this or that, contact him at......" recently. Just had one yesterday about my want add for jury struts. JImChuk

Eric Page
09-09-2022, 02:54 PM
If the payment went via PayPal's normal customer-to-business payment channel (with fees charged to the recipient), they should be willing to help you. However, if it went via their "friends and family" option (no fees), then I'm afraid they're going to invite you to pound sand.

msdmaule
09-09-2022, 03:49 PM
I got emailed today from birdsong.s123@aol. com My BS meter was pegging !!!!

Steve_P
09-11-2022, 04:51 PM
The information on the blank instrument panel for a Kitfox IV was sent to me via private message from this forum.
https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

Cut a deal with Stuart Harvey. He has a Kitfox IV Classic 1200 blank instrument panel for sale in mint condition... You can reach him on his email stuartharvey29@aol.com

Sent by https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/members/10679-stevety

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/private.php

avidflyer
09-11-2022, 07:59 PM
Ya, that Stuart Harvey had polyfiber products also. I smelled a rat though and didn't get roped in. As long as I'm on this subject, I'll say, this is why I like to actually talk to people. If the person is a scammer and really doesn't know anything about what he is trying to supposedly sell you, that should be apparent fairly quickly. I like to ask questions and listen to the answers. I know it's old fashioned in this day of texts, emails, and private messages, but can be much less risky. JImChuk

avidflyer
09-23-2022, 07:51 AM
I had someone try to get me to contact someone else who supposedly had the item I was looking for last night by PM. Another scammer I think. I told him "go away thief" Just a heads up to every one. be very careful about who replies to your want adds. It seems like they give you an email address to contact someone else. JImChuk