PDA

View Full Version : New fuel for Aviation ?

SkyPirate
02-16-2010, 03:56 PM
The owners of General Aviation Modifications, Inc. at Ada Municipal Airport in Ada, Okla., have developed unleaded piston-engine-aircraft fuel. George Braly and Tim Roehl formulated G100UL and have a filed a patent for the fuel. "We hope this fuel can be adopted as a replacement for 100LL and should serve to help the environment while maintaining the performance of our aircraft today,"

Mnflyer
02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Chase, I read the news article and it is interesting and if true a good thing for aviation but they don't really say much just a news blip. But like I say I hope it is the real deal thanks for posting it. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.
I use 91 oct unleaded non alcohol in my HKS and have no problems with it.

SkyPirate
02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
thanks GB ..I thought it would be good to bring to everyones attention ,..it will depend on the beaurocracies as to whether they get a patent on it or not,..my experience with patents ..some will say "OK I designed this product using these materials and anything with in point A to point Z that resembles my invention/product will be concidered as a maliscious attempt to duplicate",.. it can be a mess.

we will see

Chase

Slyfox
02-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I use 5%alki 92oct and had no issues with it.