PDA

View Full Version : 915is Ground-Adjustable

VictorV
05-19-2022, 01:33 PM
Has anyone installed a ground-adjustable prop on the 915is? I'm trying to figure out what
my options are. I'm Light Sport so I can't use the constant-speed prop until (if/when) MOSAIC
comes to fruition. MOSAIC will most likely allow use of a single-lever control so my only
option would be MT using the Stock Flight Systems controller (EMU) when the time
is right. For now I will be fine with ground-adjustable.

KF does not have a recommendation since they have not tested any yet.

Victor

olsonCCR
05-21-2022, 06:43 PM
Hey Victor,
I haven't tested (or even mounted) my prop yet as I'm still in early stages of my build with a 915 but I did purchase a DUC ground adjustable prop which can be upgraded at a later time to a constant speed prop. May be worth looking into but there isn't much info or user reviews I could find. Only time will tell if it was a good decision.
DUC USA was extremely easy to work with and very responsive. I went with a 4-blade 75" option but for better STOL capabilities, a 3-blade 72" might have been the better choice for a 915. I will definitely save on weight compared to an AirMAster or MT and the allen ket adjustability looks to be very simple. For future, DUC does sell an hydraulic/electric control system, which can be mounted and used similar to MT and Airmaster.
Just an option worth considering.
Here's a link to DUC's brochure
http://www.duc-helices.com/client/document/dh_fsh-pv_cm_02_c-presentation_flashblack-propeller_1006.pdf

and a quick video of what my prop looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8_yJQkIY-Q
Kevin

VictorV
05-23-2022, 08:27 AM
Thanks Kevin. Nice looking prop. I am learning that there are many things to consider when choosing a prop.
I'll talk to the guys at Duc. Were there any others you considered?

Victor

WhereTheHellIsJames?
03-06-2023, 10:07 PM
You might reach out to Sensenich. They make some ground-adjustable's for other Rotax, and may have an option for you. I can't speak highly enough of my ground-adjustable Sensenich that I put on my Lycoming powered Kitfox 5 Outback... it's such a nice prop.

Av8r3400
03-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Trent Palmer is using a NR/Luga 3-blade ground adjustable with his 915.

Redline
03-08-2023, 09:35 AM
You might reach out to Sensenich. They make some ground-adjustable's for other Rotax, .

I just received Sensenich's new STOL prop for the 915is. It's a bit larger diameter than I was originally wanting to go with, but going to try it out anyways. 82" three-blade ground adjustable composite with the pin adjustment system. 14.75 pounds for everything (hub, blades, hardware, etc).

VictorV
03-10-2023, 09:41 PM
I'm definitely interested in hearing how it works out for you. Seems like many of the props I have seen are closer to 72" so 82" seems big.

WhereTheHellIsJames?
03-11-2023, 02:25 AM
I just received Sensenich's new STOL prop for the 915is. It's a bit larger diameter than I was originally wanting to go with, but going to try it out anyways. 82" three-blade ground adjustable composite with the pin adjustment system. 14.75 pounds for everything (hub, blades, hardware, etc).

A picture's worth a thousand words!

Av8r3400
03-11-2023, 06:57 AM
I have a friend with a Sensenich adjustable prop with the pin guides.

When setting pitch on these, make sure to double check them with a protractor. My friends individual blades can vary by more than a degree with just the pin.

bbs428
03-12-2023, 03:03 AM
My 2 blade NR(luga) is 69.7" long and 9.8lbs with the 2" extension, h/w and spinner. No data as of yet.

31911 31912

Redline
03-13-2023, 09:29 AM
I have a friend with a Sensenich adjustable prop with the pin guides.

When setting pitch on these, make sure to double check them with a protractor. My friends individual blades can vary by more than a degree with just the pin.

Thanks, that's now the third time I've been told that so will definitely heed the advice! I'll get pics when I can. Took everything out of the box, inspected and then wrapped it back up and put it away. Won't be mounting it for awhile but I'll try and get it out for some pics soon.